Advanced hydrotherapy Techniques
What You'll Learn
- Plan, organize and perform an effective massage session for therapeutic benefit incorporating:
- Describe how hydrotherapy techniques benefit clients’ needs and goals for treatment.
- Identify indications, contraindications, considerations, and effects of hydrotherapy treatments.
- Identify the physiological principles and mechanisms involved in clay or mud application, exfoliation, and hot stone use.
- Describe and demonstrate appropriate methods of hygiene and sanitation for hydrotherapy applications.
- Demonstrate safe and effective use of hydrotherapy equipment and supplies.
- Implement exfoliations, body wraps, and hot stones into a self-care strategy.
Advanced Hydrotherapy Techniques
Students are introduced to advanced hydrotherapy techniques typical to the spa setting. Through hands-on instruction students attain competency in performing exfoliations, body wraps, hot stone massage, and facial massage. Preparation and application of techniques is discussed, as well as use of the same techniques as client and therapist self-care. Additional topics of study and emphasis include draping, basic aromatherapy and skincare, lymphatic considerations for facial massage, and incorporation of new techniques into full body sessions.
Certification in the United States
- 25 Hours of Continuing Education - NOTE: This course is not yet approved by NCBTMB
To be announced
- Instructor Bio Coming Soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
$1,150 – Tuition and Shared Room
$1,350 – Tuition and Single Room
Enjoy simple and comfortable accommodations in our Costa Rican style bungalows tucked away in the heart of Playa Samara just seconds from the beach. Each 2 or 3 bedroom bungalow is fully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, and living room. Single or double bedrooms are available as well as studio apartments. Enjoy the swimming pool, lush gardens, WiFi access, hot water showers, and fans. A/C is available at an additional charge.
- Airport Pickup and Dropoff
- 6 nights lodging in our Oasis Villas – fully appointed bungalows with complete kitchens in the heart of Playa Samara
- Course Manual and use of all classroom facilities (tables, linens, lubricant etc.)
What's Not Included?
- Meals – all accommodations come with fully equipped kitchens, and there are several local grocers including an organic market all within 5 minutes
PLAYA SÁMARA, COSTA RICA
Playa Samara is a perfect paradise for continuing education in orthopedic massage in Costa Rica. The town is nestled in the beautiful green hills of the famous Nicoya Blue Zone on the Pacific Coast of the peaceful Central American nation.
Enjoy strolling the streets of the small downtown area and visiting the many local and international restaurants, bars and discos, and cute gift shops. The beautiful and tranquil Samara Bay is surrounded by miles of palm tree lined white sand beaches and provides a perfect and safe location for kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, SUP, and swimming as well.