HOLISTIC APPROACH TO MASSAGE THERAPY TRAINING
The education at CRSMT balances the sciences of the human body, the artistic techniques of massage and bodywork, modern business strategies, and holistic lifestyle principles. An underlying acknowledgment and celebration of the human spirit creates personal and spiritual depth to the program.
In our massage therapy training, CRSMT recognizes and respects the ancient history and essential artistic element of massage therapy and keeps it firmly categorized as a “healing art”. We create a strong and deep foundation by teaching many and varied techniques while developing and honing critical thinking skills. This results in unique, creative, and confident massage therapists that are capable of succeeding in the modern world of health care while still being able to deliver the age-old and compassionate intention of massage: relief from suffering.
We live and promote the Costa Rican “Pura Vida” philosophy and include holistic lifestyle principles in our curriculum. CRSMT provides a module called Health and Wellness, in which students learn to balance the intensity of the program through self-care practices that include mindfulness activities, movement therapies, and fitness. Students are given tools and are encouraged to develop and implement their own self-care regimens with the goal of career fulfillment and longevity.
The CRSMT science department is a team of naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, and massage therapy trainers with advanced degrees in the sciences. Students benefit from the variety and depth of their expertise, experience, and wealth of knowledge about the human body, its construction, and how it functions.
We recognize that a thorough scientific foundation is fundamental to success in the field of massage therapy. Through the mastery of science CRSMT students gain necessary, practical tools and massage therapy training, and are able to apply those tools creatively. The end result is a well-rounded therapist, competent in administering a creative, insightful, and healing massage.
Our massage therapy training school is located on the remote coast of the Nicoya peninsula in the amazing country of Costa Rica. Living and studying massage therapy training on our beautiful campus, moments from the beach, makes your school experience tropical and exotic. Imagine waking to the noises of the jungle, feeling the gentle sea breeze as you sit in class, learning massage techniques to the drumming of an afternoon rainstorm, and enjoying fresh fruit from the trees with your classmates.
We want our students to fully experience this beautiful place. Our staff and faculty offer various opportunities for adventure during your time at CRSMT.
Where else can you go surfing, kayaking, horseback riding, snorkeling, and explore coasts, jungles, and volcanoes? Where else do you have the opportunity to learn about another culture, to truly get to know your classmates as you experience life in another country, and to make lasting friends of different cultural backgrounds, all while achieving an outstanding education in massage therapy?
Educational Goals And Objectives
- Demonstrate a practical working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and pathology as well as exhibit the ability to use critical thinking skills to integrate the knowledge of these sciences within a client-centered massage.
- Perform a competent, effective, and creative full-body massage with an additional focus on a problem area using a variety of appropriate and safe massage therapy and hydrotherapy techniques.
- Prepare, practice, apply for, and pass the national licensing exam (MBLEx).
- Demonstrate a practical working knowledge of professional and ethical standards with a clear focus on the health and welfare of the client, practitioner, and bodywork profession.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to plan and manage a professional and ethical massage therapy practice or contribute effectively to an established practice.
- Demonstrate an awareness of holistic lifestyle and wellness practices and develop a self-care plan to allow for career fulfillment and longevity.