Active Isolated Stretching Course for Massage Therapists and Fitness Professionals
Active Isolated Stretching is a cutting-edge and innovative form of stretching that works. AIS was developed by Kinesiologist Aaron L Mattes that utilizes the inherent properties of muscles and soft tissue in order to not only effectively isolate and lengthen a target muscle, but also to enhance the connection to the central nervous system. The result, in addition to remarkably increased flexibility, is better control and quicker firing of the muscles. This work will prove to be an invaluable tool in both the treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal conditions as well as degenerative neurological conditions. Because of the interaction with the central nervous system, this work has stunning results with degenerative neurological conditions that can otherwise not be effectively treated through manual therapy. Broaden your scope of practice by learning one of the most cutting edge techniques in the bodywork world!
Students will learn to:
- Assess the ROM of each joint compared to their Normal ROM
- Optimize the flexibility of all the major muscles in the body
- Precisely stretch different aspects of the same muscle.
- Isolate either the proximal or distal portion and stretch it effectively.
- Achieve healthy maximum range of motion in a few sessions
- Increase strength in the proper direction with perfect alignment
- Use these techniques to shorten injury recovery time
- Use these techniques to prevent injury
- 29 Hours NCBTMB Approved Massage Therapy CEU
- Active Isolated Stretching for the Lower Body: The Mattes Method (15 CE hours)
- Active Isolated Stretching for the Upper Body: The Mattes Method (14 CE hours)
- Thomas J. DuBois NCBTMB Approved Provider Number: 34
- No Prerequisites
- Open to Massage Therapy and Fitness professionals